FAQs For Out Of State Buyers

Are you from Canada, Iowa or elsewhere in the United States but you happened to find that perfect car or truck here in Wisconsin? Well, you are in luck because we can help! Buying a pre-owned car or truck out of state is easier than what you think. Here are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions you might have about buying out of state and getting your new car or truck home.

How do I buy a vehicle from Van Horn Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram?

  • Visit our online inventory and pick out a vehicle that you would like to purchase.
  • Call our Internet Sales Department at (800) 236-0151 to put a deal together.
  • Your sales person will be able to secure the vehicle with a credit card deposit via phone then we will start discussing transportation options.
  • Van Horn Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram will fax or email a copy of the sales contract to you.
  • All of the necessary paper work will be overnighted to your address.
  • Sign all paperwork where highlighted to return to: Van Horn Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, 3000 Eastern Ave P.O. Box #252 Plymouth, WI 53073.

Do I pay sales tax for my home state/country or Wisconsin?

Van Horn Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram will not collect sales tax from you if you do not reside in WI. You will only pay the asking price of the vehicle plus any applicable fees. You may add your taxes in the financing and we will cut you a check back. You will pay sales tax in your state or country when you license and title your vehicle.

Do I have to register the vehicle in Wisconsin first?


What documents do I provide to prove I am a resident of another state?

Your driver’s license and one additional document that show your actual physical address (i.e. utility bill, property tax bill, or a bank statement) dated within the last thirty days.

How do I pay for my vehicle?

We offer many competitive financing options. You will work directly with your Sales Person to decide which financing terms work best, then you will be contacted directly by phone by one of our Finance Managers. Whether you sign documents that we send to you or you come to the dealership, we will handle all your financing needs.

How many banks do we deal with?

We deal with 31 different lending institutions to get you the best rate.

Do we deal with banks from other states?

We deal with banks from all over the country.

How do I receive my vehicle?

There are a number of options:

  1. Come in.
  2. We can meet you in the middle.
  3. Dealer deliver to customer’s address.
  4. Have it shipped

*please call for pricing

How do I get my vehicle over the border?

Get the address and fax number of the Border Crossing of your choice. We will fax the front/back of the vehicle title, sales contract, and recall clearance letter to the border for you. This must be done 72 HOURS before crossing the border! You will have the Title “In-hand” when crossing the border to complete the transaction.

Border Crossings by State:


Vehicle Export / Import information:


Department hours

3000 Eastern Ave., Plymouth, WI 53073

Commercial: (844) 456-5255 | Hours